Calories per serving: 475
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 2.5 hours
Slow Cooker shrimp and chorizo paella is a delicious all-in-one meal that requires minimal effort to produce. Elevate your weeknight with an infusion of Spanish flavors! It freezes perfectly, so it’s a perfect dish to make now and save for later.
- 4.5 oz chorizo, diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 7 oz cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 7 oz orzo
- 14 oz raw peeled large shrimp
- A handful, flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Chop the onion, celery, tomatoes, garlic, and chorizo
- Mix the onion, celery, tomatoes, garlic, and chorizo with the olive oil and stock in the slow cooker
- Cook for 2 hours
- Add in your shrimp and orzo, mix
- Cook for 25 minutes
- Add in chopped parsley and serve
Although I ate this dish without side dishes, I think it would go really well with a fresh green salad. Pairing it with a citrus-based dressing would elevate the fish and keep the leaves light.
Nutrition: Per Serving
|475||17.2 g||4.1 g||170.2 mg||1,264.6 mg||52.2 g||4.2 g||8 g||27.8 g|
Callie’s Review and Tips
I adored this meal and must give it a solid 4/5. For under 500 calories, it is a great meal that balances nutrients with a hearty meal that fills you. The flavors from the ingredients come through; a bite with chorizo invigorates the palate.
You can substitute a cup of stock for white wine (I declined to lower the overall calories). I also used salad shrimp rather than large shrimp as they were on sale!